Saturday, June 6, 2009

Getting away

Wishing for a day in the sun at a tropical beach.

It's late at night, or I should say early in the morning (2:18 a.m.). I am up so late, downloading shows from Cindy Rushton's Ultimate Homeschool Expo 2009 ~ awesome speakers! Last year for Christmas, Ray bought me a purple Ipod. I have been using it for music downloads, but this is the first time I've downloaded radio shows/podcasts by MP3 on it, and am so excited! Lately I am really needing some encouragement. :) Tonight at Walmart, I bought a little, soft, zippered Ipod carrying case to hang on my jeans belt loop, so I can listen to the downloads as I'm going around the house, doing chores.

The days have seemed long lately, and I feel tired. Stressed. Very busy. Just wanting a good night's sleep (insomnia)...or a week's trip to a beautiful, tropical beach somewhere ~ away from everything mundane and familiar. The key words are getting away.

If the exotic beach is not a reality right now, how do you get away from it all? Where do you find peace and relaxation in the midst of all the rushed dailyness?
God is the perfect place to go. He is a safe haven, a sanctuary of tranquility. He is your resting place, and mine. "Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, Like a weaned child with his mother, Like a weaned child is my soul within me. O Israel, hope in the Lord, From this time forth and forever." Psalm 131: 2-3
Rest in the Lord, and in His love and tender care for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment