Tuesday, April 7, 2009

God's perfect timing



Today I went with three other ladies to pray for my friend Kelly at the hospital, who was scheduled for surgery on her uterus at 12 noon today. Kelly was nervous, which was normal. We prayed for peace and complete healing for her, after she had been prepped for surgery, and chit-chatted with her to keep her mind off things.

Just a few minutes before noon, we hugged her bye and left, asking her husband Kenny to keep us posted after her surgery. As we were on our way to eat lunch at Fazolis, Kelly called, saying that the surgery had been cancelled and rescheduled by the doctor until next week.

Kelly wondered what on earth God was doing...she had been prayed for by many people from church and had prepared herself emotionally for the surgery, for going under anesthesia for the first time, and for whatever the results of her biopsy would be post-surgery. I just told her that God had it all under control, and His timing was perfect ~ never early, never late.

I am so glad that God is in charge and has the steering wheel in His strong and capable hands, and that I and my loved ones don't need to be the driver of our own lives. God knows what He is doing, He has worked out all the intricate details for the road ahead, and I just need to put my faith and my trust in Him.

Psalm 125:1-2(NKJV)says, "Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, So the Lord surrounds His people from this time forth and forever."

Our times are in God's hands, each moment counting to Him; He has surrounded us with His loving and tender care.

No comments:

Post a Comment